yogsummer rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yogsummer rp

Role Playing forum for members of the Yogsummer minecraft server, and yogscast fans!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Continuity discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Continuity discussion Empty
PostSubject: Continuity discussion   Continuity discussion EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Okay guys, I got some questions about this last night and I think it would be best to hear all your thoughts and opinions on it. How would you like to do carrying over continuity from the server?
As the server still has ongoing plots, that likely move faster than the forum scenes would, it may be difficult to have scenes here not be affected by things changing in the server. There are a few things we could look at doing:

• We could hold off on any big plots here, and keep things kind of quiet for now, which could be good for helping everyone get used to this format of rping, establish themselves in the world and with each other, etc... and get into bigger plots once the server goes down
  • We could think of this as a fresh start, maybe almost like a separate AU from the server? Or have the server's canon as an AU in the AU forum so we can carry on with plots and ideas from there without it getting too confusing
  • We could try to keep up with what's going on on the server, which could be difficult with the speed at which things progress there, but it might be doable. A system could be set up where you label where in the server's continuity your post takes place (ie. before Flux arc but after Mafia arc, etc...) and players would just have to react to events as they were at that time.

I don't like the idea of losing the server's continuity because there have been some amazing plot arcs and character development that's gone on there, but the biggest difficulty would be keeping the events straight without a written history of it. So if anyone wants to pitch in and we could document the server arcs, we might be able to play off them more easily because everyone would have a solid reference page to work off of?

Let me know what you think, if you have any other suggestions or ideas feel free to share them and we'll figure out together how we want to handle this!

Thanks friends <3
Back to top Go down
https://yogsummer.canadian-forum.com
VaeraHeimt

VaeraHeimt

PostSubject: Re: Continuity discussion   Continuity discussion EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Personally, I like the idea of waiting until we don't have the server anymore and then transfer the major plot stuff over here afterwards, keeping the same character development and so on. Until then we can just have little side things, which for the current Arc works anyway because with some of the characters there really isn't much going on.
Back to top Go down
Ridgedog

Ridgedog

PostSubject: Re: Continuity discussion   Continuity discussion EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 7:00 pm

I think it would be interesting to do this two ways. One label threads according to the arc's that they would have been in. I don't know about all of you but there were a lot of things I wanted to do in different arcs, like the mafia arc, or the flux arc, that I simply could not do because we were trying to keep things moving forward. This forum could be a really good way of going back and expanding and fleshing out some of the interactions in the old arcs.

So like we wouldn't have threads taking places in the current arc until it is finished. So like we wouldn't RP the puppet arc at current.

But say I wanted to do a thread where Ridge was in the mafia bar with his members and having a drinking party or maybe doing a thread where everyone is starting to realize they have the flux. RP out the moments we didn't get a chance to on the server.

Then as we lose the sever bring the main plots over here and make this how we move things forward. That way we don't lose what we have, but we also don't have to try and keep up with things on the sever because the server will always move faster.
Back to top Go down
Cinder

Cinder

PostSubject: Re: Continuity discussion   Continuity discussion EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 7:14 pm

I definitely like the idea of keeping the server the main plot-platform until it is gone; it's such a good RPing medium visually that we should maximize our use of it for as long as possible. But it's also true that while the pace of something like this, which is far more accommodating to those of use who can't be on the server a majority of the time and as such moves a fair bit slower then the server, will never be able to keep up, it's a much better way to see the smaller interactions and events of plots that would otherwise go unexplored.

So to make a long and unnecessary explanation short, I second the idea of keeping this forum in the past for now, and transitioning to this being the main RPing area only after our current one is gone. For now, I think it'd be interesting to see where other plots go, and maybe create some smaller and character based ones to play out instead of trying to RP the same thing in two places at once.
Back to top Go down
http://onlyshipleftstanding.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuity discussion   Continuity discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Continuity discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
yogsummer rp :: OOC FUN STUFF :: OOC Chat-
Jump to: