yogsummer rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yogsummer rp

Role Playing forum for members of the Yogsummer minecraft server, and yogscast fans!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Magic is Never Easy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bioha7ard

bioha7ard

Magic is Never Easy Empty
PostSubject: Magic is Never Easy   Magic is Never Easy EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:54 pm

OOC: I thought I'd try to start something here since no one else had yet. To give you an idea if you haven't read my bio in the character roster I am a magic p.i. who investigates things and can provide protection from baddies.

It was another gloomy night as the rain drops pitter pattered on the roof of the Magic P.I.'s home. Bio was holed up in his basement lab once again, renewing his stock of offensive and defensive potions in case of disaster when a crack of lighting made him jump. He sighed and dropped a netherwart into his brewing stand before returning to his journal, a small leather bound book, and scribbling a few notes here and there in the margins.

He eventually flipped to an empty page and drew a quill and an ink vial out of a nearby chest, be began to write, Day 15 - Continuing to brew potions and wait for any business from the local populace. With as many people in this relatively small area there are bound to be problems. I have yet to hear from the area's 'Magic Police', but I'm sure I will soon.

Another crack of lighting made him jump again as he finished transcribing his day. He waited for he ink to dry before closing the book and climbing up the ladder to his new home that he had just finished building a few days prior. Closing the trap door to his lab he tucked his journal into a pocket and stepped into his kitchen for dinner.
Back to top Go down
http://bioha7ard.tumblr.com/
VaeraHeimt

VaeraHeimt

PostSubject: Re: Magic is Never Easy   Magic is Never Easy EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 12:08 am

{ I'm gonna jump in if you don't mind }

Vaera was already sitting on his living room couch when he came up the ladder. She had her dainty little bare feet propped up on the coffee table with her hands in her lap. "So," she began, "You haven't taken my advice on leaving Yogsummer yet? At least Ridge hasn't gotten to you."

Her hair was pulled back into a lazy, messy bun. Despite the cool temperatures and the storm outside she wore a black tube top just long enough to call a shirt as opposed to a bra and loose green sweatpants.
Back to top Go down
bioha7ard

bioha7ard

PostSubject: Re: Magic is Never Easy   Magic is Never Easy EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 12:51 am

[I don't mind at all =D ]

Bio stopped a few steps from his kitchen sink and an array of emotions flashed over his face. First was surprise, he hadn't heard the door open or close, then again during the storm not much else could be heard. Then there was panic and quickly anger set in as he picked a slash potion from his belt, holding it ready. "You." he snarled, "I let you into my house as a guest Vaera. I shared a drink with you, toasting a young woman who didn't deserve to be killed."

He stepped closer and closer, his brow scrunched in rage, "I show you th-the monstrosity that showed up in my focusing circle, and how do you repay me? You tell me to leave the room while those people that Ridge brings back show up in MY home! I followed you to the End Vaera. I saw you talking with them and when you left, the mute Dinosaur KILLED ME!"

He was now a few feet from her, "I listened to you those few times when you told me to leave while they were around out of respect for my ignorance to the situation, but no more. Either you enlighten me to what the hell has been going on or get the HELL out of my house." Bio was breathing heavily, it had been a while since he was this angry, but when people were getting hurt around him and he was powerless do to lack of knowledge it infuriated him.

"I don't know how I got here, but I am not going to watch people get hurt while I am around." he spoke these last words with pain in his voice. He lowered the potion and placed it back on his belt, "Please, just tell me what is going on."
Back to top Go down
VaeraHeimt

VaeraHeimt

PostSubject: Re: Magic is Never Easy   Magic is Never Easy EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 2:32 am

The elven mage frowned, her eyes losing a little of their casual glimmer of confidence. She took her feet off the coffee table and bent over so one hand rested on her knee, the other at her hip on the handle of a blood-stained dagger of Lalnable's. "I mean you no harm, understand that. I can only tell you so much, not because I don't trust you, but because I don't know everything that's going on myself.

She stopped and pulled her hand away from the leather handle of the dagger, lacing her fingers together. "I had no part in Zoey's death; Ridge does what he wants, when he wants. So do 'his people'. They're his puppets, just as dangerous as him with little to no control over themselves." She paused, withdrawling a flask from her pocket and taking a quick gulp. "The god around here, Notch, has a plan. He knows how to stop Ridge from hurting more people, but there's nothing your or I could do except sit, wait, and stay out of the way."

She gulped down the rest of the contents of the flask and set it down on the table. "As to how you got here. . . I don't know. But you can never leave, it's not your choice. You can move around, you can get far. But you can never leave this behind altogether." Vaera withdrew another flask from her pocket, sipping on this one. The liquid inside was dark red; she kept wine in a flask in her pocket.

"That's what I know. I hate standing by too, believe me." She held out the flask to him as she finished speaking.
Back to top Go down
bioha7ard

bioha7ard

PostSubject: Re: Magic is Never Easy   Magic is Never Easy EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:03 am

Bio let out a loud sigh and took the flask from her and and sat down in the chair behind him, taking a long swig from it. When he finished he passed it back to her and said, "Thank you. For your honesty and the drink." He sat back and rubbed his temples before he started again.

"From what I understand this Ridge character was trapped in the end. Now I know what that place can do to a person, I was there." Bio shuddered before he regained his composure, "I also caught some sort of infection or something after an encounter with a native Enderman. Luckily I was with a few other magicians and alchemists that managed to fix me up somewhat." Bio rolled up his right sleeve and showed her a dark purple, almost black scar on his bicep. From the scar a few veins could be seen that started out the same color before fading out of view.

"Ever since then I have been able to use a bit of Ender Magic to weave spells and things, I also am immune to most hostile things from the end as well. I don't know the extent of my immunity or what I can do with this magic but if we can find a way to send him back to that hell hole or even cure him-" he let out a nervous laugh,"-That would solve all our problems."

Bio pulled out a bottle of his own out from under his chair with a hand written label on it that read 'Whiskey', he took a drink of it and made a sour face. "Maybe this was Notch's plan all along. To bring all of us together to help this madman become sane again." He gave her a lopsided grin, one filled with hope. "I am after all in the business of helping people." He set the bottle in front of her and gestured towards it.
Back to top Go down
VaeraHeimt

VaeraHeimt

PostSubject: Re: Magic is Never Easy   Magic is Never Easy EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:19 am

Vaera smiled and took a gulp from the bottle, downing it as if it were water. "It's a good plan, if it is his plan after all. To cure him. If we sent him back. . ." She turned the bottle over in her hands, drawing designs with her fingers on the smooth glass. "Be careful with Ender magic, okay? It's drinking good wine with poorly cooked-" She cut her glance up at him, realising that he would be less approving of what she'd been about to say than Lalnable. "-meat. It just doesn't work out well. Unlike wine it doesn't really mix with anything."

She took another swig from the bottle of whiskey before setting it down on the table with a quiet clink. "Where are you from, Bio? What's your story? Let's talk about that. I've had enough of this insane Ridge talk lately." She pulled her split coloured hair out of the bun and began braiding it, ignoring the uneven and spiratic mixing of the honey blonde parts and the chocolate brown parts.
Back to top Go down
bioha7ard

bioha7ard

PostSubject: Re: Magic is Never Easy   Magic is Never Easy EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:48 pm

[Sorry for the sudden stop, I will post something soon I've just been working the past few days.]
Back to top Go down
VaeraHeimt

VaeraHeimt

PostSubject: Re: Magic is Never Easy   Magic is Never Easy EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 4:05 pm

(Alright, thank you for letting me know!)
Back to top Go down
bioha7ard

bioha7ard

PostSubject: Re: Magic is Never Easy   Magic is Never Easy EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Bio chuckled, "You want to hear about me?" he picked up the whiskey and took another swig. "Where do I begin?" He thought for a moment before settling down in his seat to get comfortable.

"Well, I guess I could start from what I remember from reading my own file. See, I lost a good chunk of my past after an experiment that I had apparently signed up for, but we will get to that later. I was from a fairly small riverside town. My parents were farmers and raised to to be one at the time, until i had discovered my talent."

His face was placid for most of his explanation, like reciting something studied out of a book for then from memory itself. He told her about various bits of when he was growing up, the size of his house, the farm and the town he grew up near. "My parents for most of my life told me to keep my talent to myself, only to use it at home and of course sparingly so as to not hurt myself or others. Shortly after my 18th birthday I decided I wanted to learn more, and what better way than to join the military."

Taking another drink he told her about the basic training and how he had to appeal to a council of high Wizards and Magicians in order to join the Magic and Paranormal Division. "During my time as a private I signed up for an experiment." His eyes darkened and his voice quieted a bit, "I was strapped into a chair and repeatedly had my mind probed by psychics until I passed out. According to my file i lasted almost 24 hours until I lost consciousness."

Bio fell silent briefly and then changed his demeanor instantly, he smiled and in a more cheery voice said, "So ever since then I try to keep a journal with as many things written down as possible." he tapped his temple, "That way I don't have to re-learn who I am through military intel and just my own scribbling." Bio stood up and brushed imaginary dirt off his pants, "Now I don't know about you but I'm hungry. Would you like anything?"
Back to top Go down
VaeraHeimt

VaeraHeimt

PostSubject: Re: Magic is Never Easy   Magic is Never Easy EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 11:57 pm

"I could do with some substinance. It's been a few days." She reached into her other pocket and withdrew another bottle, this one as large as the other two combined. She took a swig as she reached into both of her pockets to see if there were any more bottles. Disappointed to find that there weren't anymore there, she reclined back and propped her feet up on the table.

She grinned up at the man, tilting the bottle in his direction. "Now, if I'm right you're expecting me to tell you about my past, yeah?" The elf said before taking a drink.
Back to top Go down
bioha7ard

bioha7ard

PostSubject: Re: Magic is Never Easy   Magic is Never Easy EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:07 am

Bio let out a loud laugh, something he hadn't done in a long time. The alcohol was starting to get to him, "Well it's only polite when sharing past stories." he made his way to the kitchen gingerly, in case he tripped in his drunken state. Opening the fridge he pulled out a few fresh steaks and set them on the counter. He tossed a bit of coal into the kitchen furnace and lit it with a flint and tinder, he watched as the warm glow began to heat the stone inside and after a few moments slid the steaks inside.

"Now," he said turning around and sitting on the kitchen counter, "what's your story?"
Back to top Go down
VaeraHeimt

VaeraHeimt

PostSubject: Re: Magic is Never Easy   Magic is Never Easy EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 4:22 pm

The elf forced the bottle cap back onto its glass home and slid the bottle back into her pocket. She, unlike Bio, showed no signs of drunkeness or getting anywhere near. "My mom was the leader of the tribe, the High Huntress. Anyone who was the High Huntress needed to have and heir either when taking the position from their mother or right after, a rule my mother ignored."

She watched him as he lit the furnace and slid the steaks in, taking a moment to recall some of the further back things in her past. She stared up at the ceiling as she spoke. "My da was an exile from the Talman tribe, which was from around here. Yes, they were very different before you make a generalized statement about either one or elves. After she had me, my mum wanted to ignore me until I was old enough to train to take her place, and my dad wanted me to know who he was."

Vaerea's right hand rested over the pocket the bottle lay in, resisting the urge to pull it back out. "He was an exile, so it was shameful to associate with him, and my mother had a child by him, so you see the issue. When I was a teenager he was sent away from our tribe not long before the invasion happened. I still don't know what became of him."

She told of the invasion, the Amaraen men in white uniforms, the gunshots, the blood, and finally Mortimer. "He'd just shot my mother, but he looked like a little kid in my position. We just stared at eachother, one of my legs caught beneath my mum. Until he got shot, in the shoulder if I remember correctly."

She retold saving him and healing him and the beginning of their travels together, the eventual creation of NSSL and finally, "Near the end, Amarae was nothing but factories and test plants. . . the once beautiful castle lay in ruins, long forgotten on the hill it always at one. Money rushed in and smoke, bodies, and chemicals poured out. Finally NSSL was the great city's downfall." Vaerea's voice lowered to little above a whisper, but still just enough to hear. "NSSL tried opening a portal, a hole in the fabric of space to get somewhere else. It was Mortimer's attempt to look elsewhere for immortality, which had been his goal all along. Instead, when it collapsed, anyone who was within fifty miles of the damned thing either died straight away or slowly and painfully." She paused for a moment before finishing.

"Mortimer and I were out on a trip at that time. When we got back he fell ill from getting anywhere near the city, so he demanded that I put his soul into the Lifestone, which was his last resort. If his body was dying and couldn't be healed, he could always just pop his soul into there and have me magically create a new one later. And so I did."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic is Never Easy   Magic is Never Easy Empty

Back to top Go down

Magic is Never Easy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
yogsummer rp :: IC :: Overworld-
Jump to: