yogsummer rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yogsummer rp

Role Playing forum for members of the Yogsummer minecraft server, and yogscast fans!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Banner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sips_
Admin
Sips_

New Banner Empty
PostSubject: New Banner   New Banner EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 2:20 pm

Does anybody have any good ideas for a new banner? "Minecraft Theme" doesn't really capture the feel of the community. I was thinking if anyone wanted to come up with one, or had a good idea for one, we could cycle through them monthly or weekly or something? That way we'd keep it fresh and get to show off something you create c:
Back to top Go down
bioha7ard

bioha7ard

New Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banner   New Banner EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:33 am

I think it might be interesting to have a few banners highlight characters every so often, for example I made one for my signature here (that doesn't seem to be showing up for some reason): and it won't let me post a link =__=

I rped on a Star Wars forum many moons ago that had cycling banners every time you went to a new page showing off all the current major characters.
Back to top Go down
http://bioha7ard.tumblr.com/
Sips_
Admin
Sips_

New Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banner   New Banner EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:51 pm

That's a good idea bio! I'm not sure there's a way to get the banner to automatically cycle, I'd have to look more at the admin features, but I can actively change it anytime. I'll look more at that though!

If people want to come up with banners for their characters, or reflecting specific story arcs, or just plain "yogsummer" themed ones I can at the very least cycle through them daily/weekly, it's entirely up to you guys c:
Back to top Go down
Nanosounds

Nanosounds

New Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banner   New Banner EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:26 pm

You know, I wouldn't mind helping with designing banners for this site. I'm interested in making a banner for every story arc (even if it may take a little while for me to do).
People could submit entries for banners, but instead of a contest I was thinking that at some point they would all be used.
I've got some examples of my art if need be.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

New Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banner   New Banner EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:28 pm

yeah I really like the idea of using any and every banner you guys make, it's something i'd have to change manually, so we can decide on how often we want them to change etc... I CAN ALSO put images on forums, so if we wanted to do a subforum for each of the arcs i could put the banner as the feature image for them, i did this for the main boards on the other forum i used to run and it looked pretty rad if i do say so myself
Back to top Go down
https://yogsummer.canadian-forum.com
Nanosounds

Nanosounds

New Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banner   New Banner EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:36 pm

That looks great!
A subform would be a nice addition, and it would give people a chance to go back to arcs more easily that they wanted to flesh out/roleplay more in. That would also make it so that we could still put the banner to use when we move onto a new one.
Back to top Go down
Sips_
Admin
Sips_

New Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banner   New Banner EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Okay, should I make a new category with the arcs underneath or a forum you have to click through to see the subforums? Which would you guys prefer? c:
Back to top Go down
bioha7ard

bioha7ard

New Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banner   New Banner EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 10:41 pm

If we want to make a few banners and such where can we post them? I wasn't able to post a link to my image in this post for some reason =/
Back to top Go down
Sips_
Admin
Sips_

New Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banner   New Banner EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:20 am

you should be able to post a link, if you want to post one as an active link theres a button you can put the url and name in to do so c: And yeah, post as many as you want and I'll start using them!
Back to top Go down
bioha7ard

bioha7ard

New Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banner   New Banner EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:11 am

Odd, it wouldn't let me a while back. So here is one I made for Bio a while back. I can edit it to be more themed towards Yogsummer: New Banner NelYJRP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Banner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Banner   New Banner Empty

Back to top Go down

New Banner
Page 1 of 1